-->

Type something and hit enter

ads here
By On
advertise here

The Black Indigo 

Runs girl
Episode 48
“Your infection looks like the stubborn
type,” the doctor said after I complained
about the inefficacy of the drugs he
prescribed.
“Really?” I asked looking worried.
“Yes,” the doctor replied. “Hope you
took the drugs as prescribed?”
“Yes I did but the symptoms didn’t
disappear,” I replied.
The doctor cringed his face in thought.
If only I could tell him that my problem
wasn’t physical but supernatural.
I sat back and stared on.
The doctor conducted a second pelvic
examination and noticed that the area
had grown worse.
“This is unbelievable,” he muttered to
himself while I wore back my clothes.
This time he gave me an injection and
wrote another set of drugs for me and I
thanked him and left.
It wasn’t until I came back the third time
a week later with more severe
symptoms that he recommended that I
go for HIV test.
It must have skipped his memory the
first and the second time but not the
third time.
Reluctantly, I collected the form for the
test and headed for the lab. I didn’t
know initially that the form was for HIV
test till I got to the lab and some nurses
started counselling us.
I felt like turning back and postponing
the test till a later date.
After the counselling, we went in one
after the other to have our blood
samples collected and tested.
My legs trembled as I sat on the bench
waiting for the result to come out.
I was seated on the bench deep in
thought when someone tapped me
from behind and I turned and saw Stella,
my former roommate, seating behind
me and waiting for her own result.
She had so much emaciated and her
cheek and collar bones stood out.
“What are you doing here?” I stupidly
asked raising my brow.
“The same thing you’re doing here,” she
retorted looking away.
The atmosphere was tense and we
didn’t know what to discuss.
“Hope everything is fine?” I asked.
“Yes it is,” she replied. “And you?”
“Fine too,” I replied and faced my front
afterwards.
Thirty minutes later, the results came out
and one of the nurses called me to come
inside and collect mine. My heart
thumped about recklessly within my
chest as I went in to collect the result.
The nurse’s face had this blank
expression on it that betrayed no
emotion. I was visibly trembling as the
nurse handed the white piece of paper
to me.
It took me 20minutes to gather courage
and look at the result.
Many things ran through my mind:
my family, my mother, my academics, my
unspent cash in the bank, my properties
and on and on.
How would I explain to my mum that I
ended up HIV positive? My legs wobbled
as the thought ran through my mind.
At long last, I peered into the white
piece of paper and behold, I was HIV
negative…
_________________________________
I went back to the doctor with the result
beaming with smiles and looking
relieved.
“It came out negative right?” The doctor
asked smiling back at me.
“Yes doc it did,” I replied still smiling. I
handed the white sheet of paper to him
and he looked at it and nodded happily.
The doctor then wrote a third set of
drugs for me and I thanked him and
went home…

Runs girl
Episode 49
For two weeks I took the doctor’s drugs
as prescribed but there wasn’t any
improvement in my symptoms. The
itching refused to stop, the rashes
refused to disappear and the genital
sores refused to heal. I was greatly
disturbed and uncomfortable and I
didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t go to
the babalawo because of known
reasons not to talk of the spiritualist I
once visited.
So my next line of action was to start
going for crusades and deliverance in
different churches.
I hadn’t heard from senator clifford
since that day; maybe he was busy, I
didn’t know.
The woman who had been tormenting
me hadn’t appeared for sometime but I
still had the fear that she could appear
anytime. If only returning her money
would make her leave me alone, I didn’t
mind returning it.
No new job had come my way.
The few that came I turned them down
because there was no way I could go
and service a client with the disease I
was carrying.
I hadn’t heard from my mum since my
last visit home and I wasn’t even
planning to cos I didn’t want to throw
her into panic.
The first church I attended their
deliverance service was one pentecostal
church close to my school whose name I
wouldn’t want to mention.
I had come very early about one hour
before the service started and sat in the
centre row waiting for the prayers to
begin.
The prayers soon began in ernest and
everybody started to fire. The entire
congregation began to bind and cast
and I joined.
I needed solution to my ailment and I
was willing to do anything even giving
up my runs girl business.
All the money I made from the business
was gradually being drained by hospital
bills so I needed a cure and needed it
fast.
I had made God a promise that I would
never go back to runs girl business if he
cured me but I guess he was yet to
answer and I was ready to continue
begging till he answered.
I had grown so thin like someone with
HIV even though I didn’t have it. I looked
like bamboo stick and was now a
shadow of my former self.
Infact if I had happened to turn up
before a client in my present condition,
the client would have jumped from the
window and run for dear life.
I needed divine intervention and I
needed it quick and was willing to seek
it from anywhere including the church.
So as the prayers went on, I fired on.
During the altar call I went to the front
and presented myself to Christ in
repentance. I was willing to accept him
in my life so far I got well.
And so I jumped from one church to the
other in search of a cure.
I met the pastor of the church after the
service and told him my predicament of
which he asked me whether I had
accepted Jesus into my life to be my lord
and personal saviour to which I
responded yes and he prayed for me
and gave me some bible-psalms to read.
All the while Mirabel continued to be of
great help to me.
The sickness had so much changed me
to the extent that all the beauty I once
radiated all faded away.
Í continued to hope and pray.
That God would have mercy on me and
save me. And it was asif God wasn’t
listening. So I continued to jump from
one church to another till something
remarkable happened one sunday…

LAST EPISODE

Runs girl
Episode 50
That morning I woke up very late unlike
me.
I looked at the time and it was some
minutes after 10.
I hurriedly went to the bathroom to
have my bath and prepare for church.
I didn’t know the particular church to
attend but I decided to leave everything
in the hands of the holy spirit to direct
me.
The other day, some group of people on
evangelism had given me their pamphlet
and invited me to worship with them in
their church.
It was from such pamphlets that I learnt
about some pastors and selected the
church I attended each sunday.
I had attended lots of crusades and
deliverance sessions hoping for a
miracle but none seemed to be
forthcoming.
On this particular sunday I had woken
up very late and went to bath. By the
time I was through, the time was fifteen
minutes to eleven.
The sunday services of most churches
began by 9 so I was already late. I
hurried my preparation and hopped into
my jeep and off

to church.
I had barely entered the door to the
church when the pastor stopped
abruptly in the middle of his sermon and
closed his eyes. He mumbled some
inaudible words and stopped again.
“Stop there!” He shouted with eyes still
closed. I stopped with fear as I wasn’t
sure whether I was the person he was
talking to or not. I was the only person
walking in at that time so I was most
likely the one. But then the pastor’s eyes
were still closed so I couldn’t tell for
sure.
All eyes turned on me and I felt very
uncomfortable. In the bid to avoid the
prying eyes of the congregation, I
continued my walk into the church.
“I said you should stop there!” The
pastor repeated making it obvious that I
was the person he was talking to.
“You’re walking in with legions of
demons so stop!”
I stood still in obedience even though
my heart had left my chest long ago
from shock.
“Confess!” The pastor directed open

I Hope you enjoyed the story so far don't forget to comment or othings you learned from the story.

Click to comment